4.06.2011

Big G and The Big D(umb).

Well, I don’t really know when literacy began to be important and a priority on the United States of America. But certainly, they invested a lot. And they the did it on the right way. I’m sure I wasn’t the first one that got surprised while getting there and realizing such an amazing thing: everyone there speaks English (at least the natives), even children! God, that explains why they were – for so many years – the most important economy on the world. I felt kinda dumb, at first, since it took me several years to understand that “the book is on the table” really meant something, not only just a beat. It is not for you to laugh, you gotta take in consideration that it seemed just an smart – and for that, even kinda charming – way to say: everybody, now, get down on the floor, and start shaking you asses. Anyway, as I was telling you, I went there and I was mesmerized with their intelligence. But I guess you all know how life goes and how things can change in such a small period of time. I got to know more about their president in charge, while living there and reading the papers and watching the news. I like calling him “Big G”, but you can call him as everybody else do: George W. Bush. As you all must know, he was born in 1946, and I started thinking there was no literacy on that time, or that I – and most of the population of the world – was smarter than him. Once he said: ''I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me.'', it was “ok” for me, not knowing if he was trying to get, silently, outside the closet, or if he only wanted to be loudly stupid. Just an example on how ambiguous a Big G’s speech can be. At least I hope he has already realized the book was really on the table. Now I’m glad with Obama there, and Dilma here – even Lula before -, at least they can speak their first language and make people understand what they mean. Big G is now writting a book, down there in Texas, I’m a little afraid that, considering his huge power, after publishing it, we all have to by new dictionaries in order to read in understand it. It’ll be difficult, for me, buying Stupidish Dictionary or ever a Thesaurus. Big G, it’s your problem, not mine, if you don’t get that the book is on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment